Research Manager - Retail sector
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and Analysis|
|Salary||To £ 75,000 p.a. + bonus + benefits|
- A global professional services organisation is seeking an established expert in retail with strong analytical and issue-based problem solving and quantitative skills, business acumen and a client service mindset.
The new post holder will need to be tenacious with personal drive and display an eagerness to learn and to apply new skills.
- Helping to develop the Retail sector research strategy
- Building strong relationships with Retail leadership
- Scoping and selling new projects
- Managing the research programmes required to support these efforts
MBA or equivalent from a top institution.
Post-graduation or specialisation will be considered a differentiation factor
- Structured problem solving and business assessment
- Value analysis and insight development
- Effective communication and teaming skills
- Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g., financial analysis, market data analysis etc
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Business research experience, preferably in a consulting environment, equity brokerage, third party research organisation or demonstrated equivalent skill
- Retail Industry experience, preferable in strategy, marketing or customer insights or research.
- Proven knowledge of Retail market dynamics, marketing, sales and distribution in this segment
- Ability to analyze consumer trends, insights and analytics impacting changes in products & services
- A thorough understanding of the Retail industries is a prerequisite
- Business acumen