Information / Records Manager - Oxfordshire
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, UK|
|Job Sector||Information ManagementLibrary|
|Salary||c. £35,000 p.a. + 6 weeks holiday|
- A research organisation is seeking a professionally qualified Information / Records Manager to manage its small Library, Information and Records department and review the library service provision in light of anticipated organisational change.
- Strategic and budgetary management of the Library and Information Services Team
- Assessing future requirements for library services in the context of potential structural changes
- Lead communications on current library services, to maximize utilisation of information services
- Responsibility for Archive collections and developing best practice
- Advise on information requirements and collections policy within the organisation
- Keep up to date with professional developments and awareness of developments in legislation (e.g. Copyright, Freedom on Information (FoI) concerning libraries, records and archives.
- Management of allocated budget for various funding streams
- To oversee publication performance benchmarking and reporting
- To work as a key member of the broader organisation’s Library Service Library Group, ensuring unified delivery of services and functions, and the development of new projects.
- Responsible for Records Management providing guidance, interpretation of wider organisational policies, and development of local policies in line with legislation
- A good degree and appropriate library or records management qualification.
- Experience in formulating and delivering new strategies, services, standards and policies for a library service
- Experience of budget management and resource allocation
- Knowledge of current developments in the Archives and Records Management fields
- Demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of legislation concerning Libraries, Records and Archives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience of authoring reports
- Able to lead and manage a small dispersed team
Full time flexible working