Senior Legal Knowledge Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||London, UKRest of the World, UK|
|Job Sector||Knowledge Management|
|Salary||Very high negotiable and competitive|
- A prestigious global law firm with Knowledge Management at the forefront of many aspects of its strategy is looking for someone with a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and this is a business rather than technology oriented role.
- Ensure that the firm has a suite of market leading technologies that are designed to capture and share their knowledge across internal communities
- Develop and maintain a detailed roadmap of integrated and/or stand-alone projects and services aimed at achieving the above, whilst contributing to the ongoing development of the firm's Knowledge Management strategy.
- Identify new opportunities to advance the firm’s innovative use of knowledge through technology.
- Ensure effective utilisation and exploitation of existing technologies at the firm and identify new opportunities to enable innovative and creative knowledge products and services
- Set and provide regular performance and delivery metrics
- Ensure that knowledge technology products and services remain accessible, user-friendly, keep pace with technological developments and adhere to project management and architecture standards.
- Assist in the formulation of global annual budgets
- Manage, negotiate and implement contracts and service provider agreements
- Manage and mentor a well established knowledge support team.
- A degree in law, information management, computer science, or related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of direct related education and experience may be substituted.
- Proven experience in the areas of Knowledge Management and information technologies within a law firm or similar professional services environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a collegiate manner, excellent leadership and management skills and an ability to build productive relationships.
- Significant experience in a lead role in knowledge systems in an international professional services organisation
- Able to demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise and thought leadership in relation to current and emerging knowledge management technologies
- Demonstrable experience of taking a management role in the delivery of knowledge platforms and specific point solutions in an international professional services firm.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills and with an ability to communicate clearly for an international audience
- Proven team management skills, across geographic regions and multiple time zones
- Pragmatic, robust, ability to think laterally, diplomatic resourceful and adaptable