Head of Records and Archives - Switzerland
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Extremely high with excellent benefits|
- A prestigious financial institution requires a new Head of Records and Archives to take on this key role within its Information team, acting as the line manager of the Records and Archives team. The new post holder will be responsible for their records and archives management and policies, and for the implementation and maintenance of related systems.
The role is offered in the first instance, as a three year fixed term contract.
This organisation offers a very generous benefits package and relocation assistance.
- Supervise the Records and Archives team including comprehensive resource planning and development.
- Develop and implement records management policies and procedures in line with legal and compliance guidelines.
- Ensure a comprehensive and reliable service including the timely processing of all incoming and outgoing business correspondence and internal records.
- Develop and maintain electronic document and records and archives management systems.
- Supervise administration, maintenance and usage of the physical and digital archives
- Ensure the operation and development of the centralised mail and print services.
- Contribute to IT/Information Management strategy and planning as a member of the IT department’s management team.
- University degree in records and archives management, and/or in information technology and management; and/ or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in an equivalent line managerial function
- Proven track record as a line manager, able to lead coach and develop staff.
- A sound understanding of records and archive issues and of information management and research requirements
- A solid understanding of, and aptitude for, working with IT systems, in particular relating to electronic document/records management (for example, Documentum and / or SharePoint)
- Project management experience;
- Absolute discretion in treating confidential and restricted information;
- Team player, with good communicative and interpersonal skills
- A hands-on and practical approach
- Proficiency in English. Additional knowledge of German and / or French is a plus.
- Willing to work shift hours and overtime if required.