Deputy Head of Research - Oxford
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, UK|
|Sector||Research and Analysis|
|Salary||£45,000 – £75,000 A.A.E + discretionary bonus|
- A small entrepreneurial company is looking for an experienced company analyst & research manager to help manage a large team of researchers. The ideal candidate will be a graduate with at least four years’ relevant research and project management experience.
This is a new role and offers the opportunity of rapid promotion to Head of Research.
- Team management: Over time take responsibility for the quality of research output and, in particular, be responsible for driving the company’s learning culture of continuous operational improvement
- Project management: project manage and help conduct the research for high-profile private company league tables
- Research: identify, research and analyse companies, and conduct telephone and face-to-face interviews with their founders and entrepreneurs at company visits and engage them as part of the alumni network. Help improve the quality of research, by driving forward a continuous improvement learning culture and practices in the research team
- Financial analysis: conduct relatively straight forward financial analysis of private-company accounts (practical knowledge required but not complex financial modelling) and capture the information on company databases
- Account handling: help account manage our blue-chip sponsors and provide research support for business development activities
- Social Media: help draft daily social media output on Twitter and LinkedIn and contribute to the development of nascent social media strategy
- Business development: provide research and presentation support to senior directors
- Graduate with at least four year’s relevant company research and project management experience
- Highly service-orientated, with some experience of account-managing senior level clients
- Organised, with meticulous attention to detail; and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of private-company accounts; experienced at using financial data sources as research tools, such as Companies House & BvD’s Fame; and competent at Excel and Access
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and able to write clearly and concisely
- A strong interest in, and some knowledge of, entrepreneurs and private companies