Librarian / Cataloguer / Researcher (6 months) - F/T or P/T
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation ManagementRecords ManagementLibrary|
|Salary||c. £ 28 - 33,000 p.a. pro rata|
- A well established London architectural practice is seeking someone with relevant training and experience to re-establish and re-organize their paper based and digital library/documents/resources.
This is an initial fixed term contract for six months either on a full time or part time basis.
- Overhaul, reorganise and digitally catalogue the collection
- Overhaul, reorganise and digitally catalogue the reports archive
- Set up a digital document database
- Advise on and to an agreed programme, arrange scanning and digital storage of documents with keywords to as an archive database
- Carry out project related document research as required for technical staff Maintain and update the collection as required
- Monitor and advise technical staff of updates, new issues of relevant guidance, periodicals, statutory requirements, etc.
- Assist the studio co‐ordinator in maintaining online listings, magazine and membership subscriptions, etc.
- If required, assist the studio co‐ordinator in arranging CPD seminars
- Personable and friendly manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Well organised and skilled in documenting and organising both paper and digital documents
- Librarian training and experience in setting up and using a technical cataloguing system (Ci/SfB)
- Knowledge of and experience in industry standard digital cataloguing system(s)
- Proficiency in MS Office including Access, Word, Excel and a capable researcher