Library Assistants (2) - 6 month contracts
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||c. £ 22,000 p.a. pro rata plus benefits|
- To work in the financial sector in the City and our client requires two temporary library assistants (6 month contracts) with excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
The organisation requires extra staff to assist with enquiries, help to maintain the library and online resources and box up materials prior to an office move.
- Helping library users with their queries and requests and providing research assistance
- Assisting in the day to day running and administration of the library facility
- Assisting with ensuring library resources are easily accessible, well maintained and up to date.
- Some relevant library and information work experience
- Confident and with some proven experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and ideally web editing.
- Understand how to build relationships and rapport with customers and treat them fairly and consistently.
- Ideally familiar with key web content management technologies and experience of web editing
- Ideally with some library management systems and cataloguing work experience
- Experience of administering invoices and orders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and takes ownership and responsibility for work and performance
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Implements and adapts to new ideas and ways of working at an individual and team level and across the organisation.