Legal Information / Researcher (4 days p.w.)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full TimePermanent Part Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||To £ 35,000 p.a. pro rata + excellent benefits|
- To work for an international law firm in Central London. Candidates must have a keen interest in the legal information sphere and a strong commercial awareness. They will join a well established team and support a particular practice group, being primarily responsible for serving those fee-earners and sharing other team-wide responsibilities.
- Answering fee-earners queries and requests for research mainly from London staff but also overseas
- Supporting fee-earners and others in the use of all London online and hard copy information sources
- Delivering occasional training sessions in a classroom environment
- Attending Practice Group and other meetings to understand and contribute to the work of the practice
- Managing news alerts.
- Editing and maintaining intranet content.
- Processing of information aspects for new starters and leavers
- Giving inductions to introduce new joiners to the services provided by the information team.
- Promoting the services to end users.
- Creation and maintenance of training literature such as intranet guides and videos
- Graduate, ideally with a qualification in the library or information field.
- A qualification in law would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of legal information resources is required including Lexis Library, Practical Law, Westlaw and others
- Ideally, some relevant experience of working in the legal or professional services environment
- A keen interest in the legal information sphere demonstrated by active membership of relevant professional organisations
- Commercial awareness including an understanding of the business aspects of the commercial legal sector
- Very computer literate;, familiar with standard Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- With initiative and possessing strong communication (both written and oral) skills