Legal Compliance Assistants (3) - Birmingham and Glasgow
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Birmingham and Glasgow|
|Area||Midlands, UKScotland, UK|
|Salary||To £ 23,000 plus benefits|
- An international law firm seeks three Compliance Assistants to join its teams based in either their Glasgow or Birmingham offices.
Compliance Assistants help to provide proactive and professional administrative and compliance services to the firm, specifically in relation to new business.
The firm is seeking candidates who are flexible with a can-do attitude and enthusiastic and who enjoy work requiring a meticulous attention to detail. Compliance Assistants work a shift pattern on a rota basis
- Carrying out money laundering checks to ensure that the firm complies with its obligations under anti-money laundering legislation
- Carrying out conflict and business intelligence searches
- Checking and verifying information and arranging for the implementation of information barriers, where required
- Dealing with enquiries and liaising with members of the Risk team and analysing potential conflicts of interests.
- Recent bright graduate (Law graduates are welcome to apply but must understand that this is not a gateway to a paralegal role or trainee contract)
- An Administrator with 12-18 months of experience
- Experience of carrying out checks for new business accounts such as Anti Money Laundering etc will be an advantage
- Excellent team worker
- Calm under pressure
- Commitment to this type of role in the long term