Legal Information Officer (recent Library/Information graduate)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||to £ 26,000 p.a. + excellent benefits inc. discretionary bonus|
- Our client, an international law firm, requires a new team member to join their Library & Information Services team to assist with the provision of an excellent information service to the firm and its clients.
This is a very varied role - approximately 50% of time will be spent on research with a mix of around 50/50 legal/business. The team use a variety of legal and business sources will provide training on the use of those databases.
The ideal candidate is a graduate having completed or nearly completed their qualification in information. Some experience of working in a commercial environment would be useful but most important is that the new post holder is bright and quick to learn, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Providing client and sector current awareness
- Undertaking research, utilising a wide range of online and hard copy resources
- Staffing the library enquiry desk
- Assisting with trainee and other new staff induction programmes
- Providing training on research skills and online resources
- Helping to keep the library catalogue up-to-date
- Working on projects to further development the service, as required
- Degree level, having achieved or working towards information qualification
- Experience of a commercial environment (desirable)
- Experience of legal and business research (desirable)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to deal competently with PSLs and partners
- The potential to deliver training in the use of online databases