Senior Business Analyst / Researcher
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and Analysis|
|Salary||Very high negotiable salary + excellent benefits|
- A resourceful, creative and solutions orientated Research Analyst is sought to work in the legal sector for a prestigious client. The new post holder will proactively engage with key stakeholders and establish close relationships to understand their needs and develop creative research solutions to meet them.
This role involves using a variety of sources to provide considered, comprehensive research that supports the firm and interpreting data, analysing trends and writing reports as required.
- Interviewing requesters to understand and scope their needs and requirements
- Selecting the appropriate sources to address the needs of the users
- Producing branded reports to provide in-depth analysis of clients/sectors and highlighting business opportunities
- Providing research support to external clients on an ad hoc or project basis
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with senior lawyers and peers across the business
- Promoting Research Services on a global basis
- Collaborate with colleagues across the network on the development of research products and techniques
- Contribute to the training of colleagues and act as a mentor, as and when required;
- Contribute content to the Know How wiki and Library intranet.
- At least five years' relevant research experience
- Excellent all round research skills, covering business, sector and financial research
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to abstract and summarise complex arguments and draw conclusions that align to the firm’s interests and/or help to identify opportunities
- Numerical fluency and the ability to present data in an effective way, either through graphics or text
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels of the organisation and have credibility
- Strong technical skills in key financial products, particularly Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Experience of creating reports using the functionality of Word and PowerPoint, and competency in the use of Excel