Library Assistant (Part Time) -11 hours p.w.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Salary||To c. £ 22,000 plus pro rata|
- A health sector organisation in Central London requires a Library Assistant to work 11 hours p.w. and ideally to include working on Wednesdays plus other hours during the week.
Duties are to help with the development and enhancement of Document Delivery and aspects of the library collection.
It includes engagement with a range of internal/external partners in aspects of interlibrary loans and copyright compliance.
- To provide assistance to readers on the Enquiry/ Issue Desks on a regular basis (with very occasional evening and Saturday duties).
- The delivery of documentation from interlibrary loans
- The retrieval, scanning and sending of documents
- The ordering and retrieval of books from suppliers and related duties
- Accurate cataloguing and recording of service data
- The maintenance of current library and administrative procedures
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven effective experience of Document delivery and Collection development
- Problem solving skills in relation to library enquiries
- Experience of using library database and CRM functionality
- Experience of working with stakeholders of varying seniority and resolving issues
- Able to use library software packages
- Well-developed customer service skills, professional and helpful approach to answering queries