University Librarian / Teacher (FTC 3 months) - North London
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||£ 32,000 p.a. pro rata|
- A London university requires a temporary Librarian for a 3 month contract to play a key role in providing Library and Student Support for the academic work (including research activities) of the students and staff of specified departments.
The Librarian will also develop the collections, to enhance the student experience in accordance with the teaching and research priorities.
- Promoting and supporting all Library and Student Support Services
- Participating in the development and delivery of information literacy programmes
- Assisting with the development of self-instructional materials for students and staff in the use of learning and information
- Online information and support through websites
- Delivering information skills sessions for students to ensure the effective use of Library and Student Support services, resources and facilities
- Taking part in departmental and University activities which occur during evenings and at weekends
- Degree and a post-graduate qualification in Librarianship/Information Science
- Evidence of continuing ability to learn
- Experience of delivering academic support services or equivalent at higher education level
- Experience of designing and delivering information skills training workshops
- Awareness of current issues in higher education
- Positive approach to team working
- To possess a proactive and flexible approach to working in a complex, busy environment