Research / Information Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||c. £ 40 - 45,000 p.a. (plus) + benefits inc. profit sharing sche|
- An enthusiastic, hands-on and versatile Research / Information Manager is required to work in the consultancy field in Central London. In this newly created post the Manager will be responsible for the provision of support to project teams, partners’ sales efforts as well as managing data licenses and delivering training and will be central to the ongoing development of the firm’s research and information management capabilities in London.
- Leveraging proprietary databases and other information online to find critical information.
- Seeking out new and varied data sources, including working with the team to build out a library of public and proprietary data sources
- Facilitating the identification, extraction, cleaning and cataloguing of datasets for use by consulting staff
- Creating research guides and other training materials
- Provide training on available data sources and broader research best practices
- Day-to-day administration including working with vendors, negotiating licence agreements and managing an annual budget
- At least two years’ experience working in a business research department or business library, professional services firm undertaking a research role, or similar
- Familiarity with using a range of online business research databases, e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson One, Cap IQ, Orbis, Profound, Oxford Economics, Mergermarket and Factiva
- A 2:1 or above in a relevant subject at degree level – ideally in a subject requiring extensive research and/or data analysis and/or management of data
- Experienced researcher able to undertake targeted research tasks across a broad range of potential sources