Information Assistant (12 month FTC)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Excellent negotiable salary|
- Are you a Library Studies or Information Science graduate seeking a first professional post? If so, our client, a global law firm, has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and motivated Information Assistant that will provide an excellent grounding for a new entrant to the profession.
The new Assistant will join their Library team which manages an extensive range of printed and online legal and business information and offers a comprehensive research service is provided for internal and external clients.
Full training will be provided to a bright candidate with potential
- Handle legal and business search requests including in-depth and quick turnaround enquiries
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legal and business resources
- Train users so they have the expertise to research effectively using the services and systems provided.
- Assist with the compilation of current awareness
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the hard copy collection within the library
- A range of tasks relating to journals, updates and law reports such as post distribution, recording receipt of journals cataloguing new titles on Workflows etc.
- A range of Library housekeeping tasks
- Degree or Post-Graduate qualification in Library / Information Science
- Good prioritising, organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
- A positive, ‘can do’ approach, shares knowledge and demonstrates initiative.
- Flexible and customer-focused
- Strong IT skills