Legal Learning and Development Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||City of London|
|Salary||Very high negotiable + excellent benefits|
- This is a newly created role to work for a leading City law firm and is to provide additional resource to the team at a strategically important time for legal education.
The new Manager will be a qualified solicitor and be able to demonstrate comprehensive insight and practical experience of best practice in legal education and in the design and delivery of legal skills training.
This experience will, most likely, have been gained through recent experience of working within a law school or within Knowledge Management or Learning and Development within ther legal field.
The new Manager will be responsible for managing the firm’s legal training and legal skills provision, and will help to design and develop the pre-entry training programmes for the firm’s future trainees (including the new Solicitors’ Qualifying Examination).
- Liaising internally, with law school representatives and other members of the City consortium firms, on the management of the GDL and LPC courses, and the design and implementation of their replacement pre-entry programmes as part of the preparation for the Solicitors Qualifying Examination
- Managing and continually updating legal training programmes for trainees, associates and partners
- Designing and delivering innovative legal training projects including using technology to deliver bite sized legal skills training
- Managing the continuing competence and continuing professional development regimes for the firm
- Qualified solicitor with relevant legal education work experience
- Be able to build strong relationships with various levels of people from across the firm and within the team
- Have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Be able to work collaboratively in a team, but also be comfortable working on their own
- Be able to work with demanding individuals and to use strong influencing skills where necessary
- Display technical and professional expertise
- Communication & influence skills
- Able to lead and manage people