Legal Library / Information Officer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Knowledge ManagementInformation ManagementLibrary|
|Salary||£ 38 – 40,000 p.a. plus benefits|
- A leading independent, specialist law firm, which is proud of its supportive culture, wants to recruit an energetic and enthusiastic Library/Information Officer to join the team and help with providing a research and library service to the firm as a whole.
The role will involve providing hard copy and online resources to the firm, plus a range of other duties from cataloguing and other library functions, to research into legal and corporate information.
- Acquisition and cataloguing of materials onto the Library Management System
- Assisting with legal (UK and EU), business, intellectual property, scientific enquiries, and sector-based research – hard copy and online
- Serials Management of the legal collection
- Current awareness searches and bulletin production
- Sourcing of external book and document requests
- Assisting with maintenance of the firm’s Knowledge Management resources
- Educated to degree level – law or information services or equivalent experience
- Experienced user of Library Management Systems
- Excellent IT skills and online research skills
- Organised and methodical
- Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Energetic personality with a professional approach to work
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi-task and deliver against tight deadlines