Research Librarian (12 month contract)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation ManagementLibrary|
|Salary||Excellent negotiable salary + benefits|
- Our client, a large fully-integrated law firm, has a vacancy for a Research Librarian in their Knowledge and Research department which has a proactive role in the promotion of new technologies.
- Using a wide range of printed and online resources to complete simple and complex research tasks
- Assisting end users to develop their own research strategies using print and electronic resources
- Delivering training to a range of fee-earners and trainees
- Liaising with fee-earners and suppliers to resolve technical, content or access issues with these resources
- Assisting with the selection, acquisition and cataloguing of new resources using the library management system.
- Contributing to procurement processes e.g. Negotiating contracts, financial reporting, organisation of details, evaluation of products, providing feedback, maintaining relationships with vendors and promotion of resources
- Postgraduate/graduate qualification in Library/Information Studies (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in library & information work
- Demonstrated expertise in legal and/or business information resources
- Demonstrate a competent level of ability in the delivery of training
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Confident research skills
- Experience of using SharePoint and automated library management systems