Global Director - Records & Information Governance
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Records ManagementWeb and Content ManagementComplianceTraining|
|Salary||Extremely high six figure salary + Discretionary Bonus|
- An elite award winning global law firm seeks someone to work at Director level to be responsible for planning, implementing, and supervising its information governance and records management programmes.
The new Director will oversee the full lifecycle management of physical and electronic records and information and provide firm-wide direction to lawyers and staff.
This position will have oversight across all offices and will lead the functional areas of Records Management and Information Governance worldwide.
This firm is looking for someone with extensive relevant global work experience at director level within the legal or professional services sector (or very similar).
- Collaborating actively with key stakeholders in all locations to develop and implement the Firm’s information governance and records management policies.
- Developing, implementing and enforcing strategies and procedures to ensure security of records
- Ensuring that the programme meets all statutory, regulatory, ethical, and privacy requirements in each jurisdiction.
- Monitoring programme effectiveness and utilising benchmarks to evaluate and improve
- Leading or serving on related committees and advising senior executive management concerning various projects, policies and practices.
- Supervising global Information Governance and Records Management operations, including managers and staffs
- Preparing annual budgets for relevant functional areas and monitor variances.
- Motivating staff through leadership and training to maximise their potential
- Participate in continuing education, research, networking, and professional and industry organizations
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent
- Advanced degree or certification in information management is desirable; Law degree preferred.
- Ideally at least ten years' experience in the management of legal information and records.
- Previous relevant management experience in a law firm, professional services or consulting firm is highly desirable.
- Availability to travel extensively during initial phase and travel regularly thereafter across all offices
- Successful track-record of delegating responsibilities and supervising senior and junior staff members
- Familiarity with record management systems, such as LegalKey, is desirable.
- Knowledge of EU data protection regulations