Legal Information Officer - Birmingham
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisKnowledge ManagementInformation Management|
|Salary||to £25,000 p.a. + benefits|
- A legal firm with offices across the UK is seeking an information officer to be trained to support and assist in providing research and information to clients, lawyers and other colleagues across the business. The role will involve conducting searches, requiring an undergraduate degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) in addition to a postgraduate degree in Library and Information Science.
The role would ideally suit someone who is looking to develop their career in library and information science following the recent completion of a CILIP recognised post-graduate degree.
- Maintaining the firm’s physical libraries and library catalogue, handling acquisitions, serial renewals, and loose-leafing
- Assisting in provision of regular weekly and monthly current awareness services
- Producing and circulating a weekly in-house newsletter
- Maintaining up to date procedures and keeping records of all current awareness searches conducted
- Assisting in updating the firm’s Intranet and knowledge management tools
- Occasionally travelling to other UK offices
- Undertaking other tasks as required.
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- A postgraduate degree in library and information science from a CILIP recognised institution
- At least one year’s work experience in a legal or business information unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail with a calm and methodical approach
- Good level of IT skills - MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and in-house systems