Knowledge & Intranet Librarian
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Knowledge ManagementInformation ManagementWeb and Content ManagementLibraryTraining|
|Salary||c. £ 40,000 p.a. + excellent benefits|
- A niche insurance company has a vacancy for a Knowledge Librarian to maintain its knowledge databases and information resources, and to contribute to the development of those services. The new Librarian will manage relationships with information resource suppliers, monitor usage and costs of resources, and to provide or organise training. They will also be responsible for some publication management, publishing articles to the firm’s website, and a significant amount of work on the intranet (SharePoint 2013).
The role would suit someonel who is looking for a diverse workload, with a corporate information or knowledge management background. Ideally, s/he will have some insurance / financial sector experience.
- Monitoring subscription usage and costs, and liaising with account managers and suppliers.
- Answering email and telephone enquiries regarding research and database access
- Organising and running training sessions for subscription resources and the in-house knowledge database, for new starters and teams.
- Managing the in-house knowledge management database, providing guidance to users on best practice and suggesting improvements where necessary
- Providing a regular update service, amalgamating news and articles from a variety of industry sources
- Day-to-day maintenance of the intranet, including suggesting and developing new areas where appropriate
- Co-ordinating and managing the publication process of the firm’s twice-yearly magazine of articles.
- Adding and updating articles on the website and supporting app maintenance.
- Regular reporting of knowledge and information management statistics at department meetings
- Experience of managing information and knowledge resources
- Experience of responding to research queries
- Able to adapt training sessions to a variety of audiences with differing levels of experience.
- Able to work with a variety of databases, and to condense information into easily digestible formats
- Familiar with maintaining SharePoint pages, document libraries and lists
- Able to balance a diverse workload with competing priorities from different departments
- Quick to pick up new technologies and processes
- Confidence to liaise with senior staff