Legal Library and Information Manager - Midlands
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full TimeTemporary / Contract|
|Salary||Excellent negotiable salary + benefits|
- Our client is a leading regional law practice with offices in London and across the Midlands. This is an exciting time to join the firm and contribute to its development. The new Manager will be expected to develop and manage the Library and Information strategy and provide an effective and efficient library service across the whole business.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity to work with an expanding firm but they will also consider someone on a 6 month FTC basis.
- Helping to develop an effective Library and Information strategy.
- Managing and developing a small Information Services team and working with the wider Knowledge team, to implement an holistic KM strategy across the firm
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Managing the Library budget
- Maintaining a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legal and business resources in order to undertake in-depth legal and business research
- Promoting resources and information services within the firm
- Developing and implementing a training strategy for all users
- Maintaining and developing the Library management, cataloguing system and intranet pages
- Developing Library & Information policies and procedures in line with modern best practice
- Working with Business Development to develop client and industry facing information resources including competitive intelligence reports
- An experienced Library/Information Specialist ideally with law firm work experience
- Able to take strategic and operational lead in the management of the firm’s library and information resources
- Well organised and able to show initiative,
- Capable of working under pressure when necessary