Knowledge Assistant (12 month FTC)
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Knowledge ManagementWeb and Content Management|
|Salary||Good negotiable + benefits|
- A top global law firm with Knowledge Management at the forefront of its strategy needs a Knowledge Assistant to join its team that manages a variety of global news and current awareness services. The new post holder will help with two strategic initiatives where there is a need to migrate content from legacy systems to new content management systems and SharePoint document management.
Training to use the systems will be given on the job, but the new Assistant will need to be computer literate and enthusiastic about new technology. This is a non-technical role.
- Uploading content into the new CMS/SharePoint platforms
- Helping to check accuracy and resolve problems with the tagging, layout and metadata of the content
- Testing search results against criteria and reporting inaccuracies to the product owners
- Checking for correct use of house style and updating content as required
- Drafting summaries for articles and legal documents for review and approval by Knowledge lawyers
- Creating and updating embedded links to 3rd party content.
- Ability to check all content for accuracy and cohesiveness
- Attention to detail
- Creative eye
- Effective and efficient information retrieval skills
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve issues
- Training/qualification in law
- Experience working in the legal sector and an interest in current affairs
- Working with Content Management Systems and/or SharePoint (document management and intranets)