Information Scientist – GLOUCESTERSHIRE or SURREY
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Gloucestershire or Surrey|
|Area||South East, UKSouth West, UK|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||c. £ 25 - 30,000 p.a. neg. + benefits|
- A research organisation is seeking an information Scientist to join its Information Department which provides support and services to members, clients and colleagues. The department is involved in a wide range of projects, many of which are multi-disciplinary and require the support of a researcher to help co-ordinate researching the information, as well as the subsequent compilation and presentation.
- Participating in larger multi-faceted projects with a focus on gathering, disseminating and compiling information
- Supporting the development of new information services
- Utilising strategic intelligence and information tools to be able to extract information across a range of websites including social media and proprietary databases
- Participating in the promotion of departmental services, internal and external
- Assisting with technical information enquiries including large research enquiries
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and information management systems
- Good communicator with proven client skills
- Skilled report writing and presentation skills
- Library & Information Science qualification
- Experience of extracting, summarising and presenting information in a variety of formats
- Ideally experience of information provision in a commercial or a membership-based organisation