Business Researcher - Financial
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||Excellent negotiable salary + Discretionary Bonus|
- One of the world’s largest financial organisations wishes to recruit an Information Specialist with some business online database skills to work in its well established Research team.
- Responding to quick and in-depth research requests submitted from bankers.
- Provide concise and compelling research, succinctly drawing out and articulating key messages
- Providing training to end users on desktop electronic sources
- Current awareness: producing industry news updates and setting up news alerts for individuals and teams.
- In conjunction with the market data team, assessing new information products and providing feedback on existing databases/products ahead of contract renewals
- Sharing information and best practice ideas to help develop team outputs
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience gained within a business information function in professional/financial services, law firm or other commercial environment
- Good working knowledge of some key financial sector databases such as Bloomberg, Factiva and Thomson One.
- Prior experience of Mergers & Acquisitions databases would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of market research sources like Euromonitor and Mintel would be helpful
- Solid understanding of financial terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications