Legal Research Librarian - 3 month FTC
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation ManagementLibrary|
- An international law firm is looking for a Research Librarian with an information qualification who can join their Knowledge and Learning team and hit the ground running. The role has arisen because of long term sick leave and is likely to extend to 6 months, so the firm needs someone who has some experience of working in a law firm or a business library.
The firm will consider some who only wants to work 4 days per week, but there is an expectation that the new Librarian will work at Canary Wharf one day a week.
The work involves driving collaboration and knowledge-sharing across jurisdictions and practice groups. You’ll be involved in strategic projects and deliver knowledge and learning solutions.
- Supporting the firm to realise its strategy by delivering high quality business and legal research using a wide range of online and hardcopy resources
- Supporting the Client and Sector initiative by acting as a liaison to a sector lead. Proactively collaborating to understand their information needs and make recommendations based on existing resources available and deliver bespoke research
- Producing and collating newsletters on sectors, clients or key topics
- Identify and deliver on training needs across the firm and assist with promoting resources
- Assisting end users to develop their own research skills and strategies
- Procurement and collection development
- Contributing to the procurement processes: Negotiating contracts, financial reporting, evaluation of products, maintaining relationships with vendors and promotion of resources
- Assisting with database administration: Track and review database usage and prepare reference usage reports, use the Library Management System to record and track payments
- Assisting with the selection, acquisition and cataloguing of new resources across the global network
- Liaising with lawyers, suppliers and internal IT teams to resolve technical, content or access issues with online resources
- Be a collaborative and active member of the Research team supporting in all projects as and when they arise
- Representing Research at appropriate meetings
- Postgraduate/graduate qualification in Library/Information Studies (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in library & information work
- Demonstrated expertise in legal and/or business information resources
- Personal Leadership
- Positively impacts those around them, makes quality decisions and develops themselves both personally and professionally
- Demonstrates sound knowledge in their field
- Anticipates potential problems and identifies a range of possible solutions