Library / Information Assistant - 12 month contract
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation ManagementLibrary|
|Salary||To £ 23,000 p.a. + Benefits|
- A prestigious legal firm is seeking a professional, enthusiastic graduate who is willing to learn. The new Information Assistant will join their Information Services Department and will undertake a variety of tasks including cataloguing new books, journal circulation, loose leaf updating and opening the post.
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN LIBRARY/INFORMATION WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE LEGAL SECTOR PRIOR TO TAKING A POST-GRADUATE QUALIFICATION OR MOVING ON WITHIN THE SECTOR.
- Selecting and distributing current awareness material in hardcopy and electronic
- Administering the loan service, collecting and distributing books, shelving, loose-leaf updating, binding
- Cataloguing and processing new books.
- Maintaining departmental statistics and procedures, filing, opening the post and other tasks as required.
Enquiries- After a period of training, assisting with the department's enquiry service, answering enquiries and doing basic research for lawyers and others in the firm
- A university degree or equivalent studies
- A demonstrable interest in library and information work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office packages, email and the Internet
- Ability to work on your own initiative within established guidelines
- Experience in an office and/or customer-facing environment (desirable)