Knowledge Director - South West England
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||South West England|
|Area||South West, UK|
|Salary||Negotiable up to six figure salary level plus benefits|
- A rapidly expanding law firm requires a Knowledge Director to harness its communal knowledge to drive strategic decisions, facilitate business improvements and give fee earners easy access to up-to-date information.
This is a newly created position and the new incumbent will be expected to proactively work with senior stakeholders to develop and implement a firm-wide knowledge management strategy, detailed department and services area knowledge management plans and resourcing recommendations.
S/he will develop a plan to deliver the strategy, ensure its successful implementation and build and refresh it year-on year.
- Developing a strategic vision, strategy and plan to implement highly successful knowledge management across the firm
- Developing a plan for the delivery of digital knowledge management and services and the use of technology
- Developing and implementing the appropriate resource structure to implement the firm’s KM strategy.
- Heading and line managing the resource structure
- Developing and reviewing Knowledge Plans for each Department across the firm
- Promoting a knowledge sharing culture
- Acting as an ambassador and figurehead for knowledge
- Drive continual knowledge management service improvement, including the evaluation and exploitation of new technologies.
- Significant experience of a similar role in a larger professional services environment preferably in the legal field.
- Confident leader and communicator and with the gravitas and ability to command attention
- Experience in planning and implementing change across large organisations, with multiple offices
- Strategic thinker able to assess the firm’s future needs and align knowledge management initiatives
- An interest in, and knowledge of, technological advances and potential impact on knowledge systems and a willingness to adopt new systems and technology
- Knowledge and experience of knowledge management systems, artificial intelligence, document automation and document collaboration (desirable).
- Ability to motivate and persuade lawyers, Partners and support staff to contribute knowledge and learnings and then use those assets
- Significant experience of supplier and budget management