Business Researcher - Life Sciences
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Research and AnalysisInformation Management|
|Salary||To £ 40,000 p.a. + benefits inc. profit sharing scheme|
- Our global consulting client is seeking a versatile Information Specialist with some Life Sciences knowledge and experience. .
This is a great opportunity for someone to take control and make their mark in a relatively under-developed information/research environment, and is key to the ongoing development of the firm’s research and information management capabilities in London
The company offers a supportive and flexible working environment.
- Acting as a focus for the Life Sciences research efforts on a European basis and additionally supporting other industry sectors
- Building strong relationships with members of the practice group
- Helping project teams find critical information – leveraging specialist databases as well as other information online
- Seeking out new and varied data sources
- Creating research guides and other training materials
- Delivering training on, and promoting awareness of, the available data sources and broader research best practices
- Day-to-day administration including working with vendors and liaising with internal core services teams as appropriate
- At least two years' experience working in the information/research function of a professional services firm or a commercial business within the life sciences / biotech / pharma sectors.
- Some familarity with online business research databases such as Bloomberg, Prbis, profound, Mergermarket and Factiva.
- Ideally some familiarity of using some of the life sciences research tools such as EvaluatePharma, Pharmaprojects, Symphony or Datamonitoir Healthcare.
- SharePoint experience
- An enthusiasm for supporting and upskilling staff to undertake their own research
- Passion for discovering commercial insight through application of research methodologies to complex problems