Stand Alone Knowledge Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||London or Munich|
|Area||London, UKEurope, UK|
|Salary||Excellent negotiable + benefits and bonus|
- Our client is an expanding professional services company with offices in London, Germany and overseas. The company is looking for a dynamic and experienced Knowledge Manager to develop, implement and maintain its K.M. function.
This is a newly created role with the brief to implement new knowledge management systems from scratch and help to decide which systems would be best for the firm to enable full global collaboration between it's offices. At present they do not have any formal K.M. processes or policies in place, so this role will combine both strategic direction setting and hands-on implementation.
This is a very challenging role for an experienced K.M. Professional with relevant work experience, who is rigorous in his/her approach, takes satisfaction in proving themselves by making an impact and possessing a strong “can do” attitude.
The new Knowledge Manager can be based in either the London or Munich office.
- Defining the KM strategy
- Setting up and managing any KM processes
- Bringing together and supporting clusters of knowledge ("Knowledge Hubs")Setting up and conducting KM related training/events
Creating, getting buy in for and roll-out of the company’s KM vision, strategy and direction
Planning and advising on knowledge hubs, networks and communities, and knowledge champions
Planning and advising on the IT infrastructure required for effective KM
Championing and lead KM transformation programs
Measuring the success of knowledge programmes through success KPIs
- Relevant commercial, financial or technical degree – e.g. engineering, MBA
- A minimum of 3 years' of relevant KM experience, ideally involving the initial introduction of KM in an organisation
- Related experience in professional services highly desirable
- Related programme and change management experience in a visible leadership role (preferably within a professional services firm) strongly preferred
Robust understanding of KM approaches and their application, paired with the ability to articulate the value they bring to the business and drive buy-in and sponsorship from the business
Experience with working with senior leaders and board members
Consultative mindset and integrated teaming approach to service delivery
Strong analytical skills